Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shot to put me in temporary menopause?

So I went to see my gyno today because of problems and he said I may have endometriosis. He wants to do scopic surgery to make sure and said he would put an IUD in place at the same time. He said after surgery he would give me this shot depo lupra (Depo something, not Provera though...) that would put me in temporary menopause to help with the severe pain. He explained everything really well and will send me some more info, but I was (and still am) overwhelmed. Has anyone ever heard of that shot? Or endometriosis? Or that surgery? Any links/personal experiences would be helpful. I'm feeling really weird right now, so relieved to FINALLY know it's not in my head, but scared stiff and just overwhelmed! Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment